It is quite easy to get your supported palm pda to work with tomtom and a bluetooth gps receiver of your choice. I am using a bt77 bluetooth gps receiver in this example. If you follow the visual guides you should find it quite easy. The first thing as with any pda is to pair the pda with the bluetooth gps receiver.
1. On the palm home screen , tap on the bluetooth icon at the bottom of the screen (it looks like an uppercase B). a pop up appears, make sure the Bluetooth is set to “On” then tap on the “prefs” icon.
2. On the screen that appears, tap on the “Setup Devices” icon then go to the “Trusted Devices” icon and tap on that as well as shown on the pictures below.
3. Go to “Add Device”, your bluetooth gps receiver’s name should appear. On mine it is the “BT GPS” as can be seen on the screen below, select it to make sure it is highlighted then tap OK.
4. It should prompt you for the passcode for the bluetooth gps receiver which you should enter as provided by the manufacturer. The next screen appears then tap on “Done” twice.
5. Start Tomtom and tap on the home screen, the go to the “Change preferences” icon and tap on that.
6. On the screen that appears, keep tapping until you get to where it says “Show GPS status” and tap on that, then tap on the “Configure” icon.
7. Select “Other Bluetooth GPS” and if all went well you should see some grey bars or blue bars if the gps receiver has acquired a fix
8.In some cases BEFORE the grey or blue bars come up, it might take you back to the Discovery results screen we saw in step 3 above where you will see the bluetooth gps receiver you paired the palm with, select it and that should take you to the screen with the blue or grey bars. (GPS status screen) as shown above.
Garmin StreetPilot 7200 Automotive GPS Receiver SatNav Nuvi 7 in 7" screen! MP3
Auction Ends: Sunday May-26-2013 6:29:29 BST
| Watch this Item